Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Welcome To Ebag Xor's Libertarian International Blog

Hello everyone and thank you for reading.  Ebag Xor (your author) is a world citizen with a curious mind and a passion for both personal and economic freedom.  After acquiring advanced degrees in the United States, I have traveled the world, pursuing happiness in my own way but until recently lacking an outlet for my political passions.  Two countries are of particular interest to me, the U.S. and China.  I believe that the relationship between these two countries will shape the future of mankind for the remainder of history.

So aside from vanity, why am I writing this?  So many 'news' outlets masquerade as 'journalists' when they are clearly pundits or even slack jawed lackeys for one political orthodoxy or another.  I believe that anyone commenting on the news brings his or her own perspective, values, and judgements to the table.  Even if a person is genuinely trying to be fair (which I will always attempt), preconceptions and worldview will subtly impact the phrasing and the delivery, slanting the objective facts.  That is why I am always skeptical, and that is also why I encourage people of alternate worldviews to comment here, and help me achieve a more objective understanding.  Please heed two guidelines: no ad hominem and no real names.  Notice: I don't give a shit about vulgarity.  This really is the anti-news.

So if everyone has a bias, what is mine?  Hopefully the name of the blog is elucidating, and the entirety of the blog helps to bring meaning to the term Libertarian Internationalist, but I will attempt a short explanation.  I am deeply skeptical of the motives of people who wield power (including governments, businesses, and scientists), but I am a disciple of the Henry Kissinger school of internationalism, making me quite different from your average libertarian.  I truly believe that all human beings (not just those in the United States) should be free to pursue happiness, a feat that requires the protection of life, liberty and property.  I am a proud individualist who believes it is the responsibility of each person to decide their own path in life.  I respect any person who makes different decisions with good reason, but I am deeply suspicious of any person who believes it their right to make choices for others.

A few specific lifestyle choices I have made:  I am a vegetarian who loves animals, nature and scenery.  I am an aspiring writer of both fiction and nonfiction.  I am a follower of science and an atheist because there is insufficient evidence to convince me that either Allah or Zeus is real.  I love running, Kung Fu, weightlifting, and mountain climbing.  I eat healthy, love deeply, and hope to someday do some small part to bridge the wide gap between the United States and China.  I have lived in both the U.S. and China and I have deep family ties to both nations.  I speak two languages (though my Chinese is not yet great), and above all I love to learn.  I hope you join me.

1 comment:

  1. If you would like to talk to the author, please email at ebagxor@gmail.com. I am always looking for a debate with a reasoned, principled, and savvy counterpart. Anyone willing to take up the challenge just drop me a line.

    ReplyDelete